Mali president appoints Cissoko prime minister - TV
BAMAKO (Reuters) - Mali's interim president Diouncounda Traore has appointed Django Cissoko, a former Secretary General of the West African nation's presidency, as prime minister, Mali state television said on Tuesday.
Cissoko will replace Cheick Modibo Diarra who was forced to resign after he was arrested by soldiers who staged a coup in the Sahel nation in March.
(Reporting by Adama Diarra; Writing by Bate Felix; Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- UPDATE 1-Canada's Loblaw profit beats as Shoppers Drug Mart sales jump