Subsidy outlay rises 49 pct in H1 2012/13: report
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's expenses on major subsidies, including those on food, jumped by almost half to 1.42 trillion rupees in the first half of the fiscal year 2012/13, the finance ministry's mid-year economic review said on Monday.
The report also said defence spending in the first half of the fiscal year was up 13 percent to 849.3 billion rupees. The full-year defence budget is expected to be 1.93 trillion rupees.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- Bajaj Auto says union at Chakan plant plans work stoppage
- S.Korea ferry captain rushed back to bridge as ship listed - crewman
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article