Subsidy outlay rises 49 pct in H1 2012/13: report
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's expenses on major subsidies, including those on food, jumped by almost half to 1.42 trillion rupees in the first half of the fiscal year 2012/13, the finance ministry's mid-year economic review said on Monday.
The report also said defence spending in the first half of the fiscal year was up 13 percent to 849.3 billion rupees. The full-year defence budget is expected to be 1.93 trillion rupees.
(Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article