UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Jan 3 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Gap Inc will buy women's fashion boutique Intermix Inc for $130 million to enter the luxury clothes market, the Wall Street Journal reported.
* K2 Intelligence, the investigative company started by Jules Kroll and Jeremy Kroll, has acquired the corporate intelligence firm Thacher Associates in a deal that highlights the growing and lucrative business of internal investigations and corporate monitoring, the New York Times reported. ()
* Microsoft Corp bought start-up id8 Group R2 Studios Inc as it looks to expand further in technology focused on the home and entertainment, a person familiar with the situation said on Wednesday.
* Private-equity firm Rizvi Traverse Management LLC has closed a deal to buy a majority stake in music performance-rights company SESAC Inc for about $600 million, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the deal.
* Irish building material maker CRH Plc and Swiss cement and aggregates giant Holcim are in independent talks with the Shriram Group to purchase a controlling stake in Sree Jayajothi Cements, which owns a 3.2-million-tonne cement plant in Andhra Pradesh, signalling interest by overseas companies in the Indian cement market, the Economic Times reported citing a person with knowledge of the development. ()
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Target breach could cost hundreds of millions, probe starts
- Putin to pardon jailed tycoon Khodorkovsky
- Selena Gomez cancels Australia tour to 'spend time on myself'
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell Khobragade dispute
- UPDATE 3-'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks wider debate on tolerance
Infosys Ltd is poised to overtake ITC Ltd as the stock with biggest weighting in the benchmark BSE Sensex and broader Nifty. Infosys weighting in the BSE Sensex currently stands at 9.70 percent, only 15 basis points away from 9.85 percent for ITC, Thomson Reuters Data shows. Full Article