MARKET EYE-SGX Nifty up; earnings key
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange up 0.06 percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan is up 0.35 percent. * Asian shares inched up on Wednesday but the upside was limited as investors waited warily for the corporate earnings season to kick off in full force, preferring in the meantime to book profits from a sharp rally at the start of the year. * Foreign investors bought 8.87 billion rupees of stocks, while domestic institutions sold 10.28 billion rupees of stocks on Tuesday, when India's BSE index rose 0.26 percent. * Traders say third-quarter earnings would be a key focus in the near term, but don't expect any material positives. However, any hint of positive earnings from IT major Infosys on Friday will set a positive tone for the markets. * Indusind Bank reports December quarter earnings later in the day.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- UPDATE 1-"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- UPDATE 3-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article