MARKET EYE-Indian shares up; Tata Motors gains
* The BSE index is up 0.22 percent while the NSE index is higher 0.12 percent. * Gains were in line with Asian shares that rose on Wednesday after rounds of profit taking from a sharp rally at the start of the new year subsided. * Tata Motors Ltd shares are up 3.1 percent after hitting a record high, after Credit Suisse and CLSA upgraded their ratings on the stock, citing expectations for improving sales. * Larsen & Toubro gains 0.7 percent after falling 5 percent in the previous four sessions on concerns over order cancellations and weak investment cycle. * Oil marketing companies gain on hopes of diesel price hikes. Hindustan Petroleum Corp is up 2.15 percent while Bharat Petroleum Corp rises 1.5 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 2-White House plays down speedy role for U.S. natural gas in Ukraine
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article