MARKET EYE-Indian shares up; Tata Motors gains
* The BSE index is up 0.22 percent while the NSE index is higher 0.12 percent. * Gains were in line with Asian shares that rose on Wednesday after rounds of profit taking from a sharp rally at the start of the new year subsided. * Tata Motors Ltd shares are up 3.1 percent after hitting a record high, after Credit Suisse and CLSA upgraded their ratings on the stock, citing expectations for improving sales. * Larsen & Toubro gains 0.7 percent after falling 5 percent in the previous four sessions on concerns over order cancellations and weak investment cycle. * Oil marketing companies gain on hopes of diesel price hikes. Hindustan Petroleum Corp is up 2.15 percent while Bharat Petroleum Corp rises 1.5 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- Trade deal seen 'very close', India makes WTO sweat
- Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease
- Delhi's rubble-strewn Connaught Place mirrors Congress' election struggle
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
Ministers from nearly 160 member countries of the World Trade Organisation entered a final day of negotiations on Friday with officials sounding optimistic over chances of salvaging a deal that would save the trade body from sliding into irrelevance. Full Article