MARKET EYE-Indian shares up; Tata Motors gains
* The BSE index is up 0.22 percent while the NSE index is higher 0.12 percent. * Gains were in line with Asian shares that rose on Wednesday after rounds of profit taking from a sharp rally at the start of the new year subsided. * Tata Motors Ltd shares are up 3.1 percent after hitting a record high, after Credit Suisse and CLSA upgraded their ratings on the stock, citing expectations for improving sales. * Larsen & Toubro gains 0.7 percent after falling 5 percent in the previous four sessions on concerns over order cancellations and weak investment cycle. * Oil marketing companies gain on hopes of diesel price hikes. Hindustan Petroleum Corp is up 2.15 percent while Bharat Petroleum Corp rises 1.5 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article