RBI says deputy governor Patel to head monetary policy dept
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India said on Monday that newly appointed Deputy Governor Urjit Patel will look after the bank's monetary policy department and financial markets among other functions.
Earlier in the day, the central bank said Patel has taken over as a deputy governor in a three-year tenure.
Patel will also look after the departments of economic policy and research, communication and statistics and information management among others, the RBI said in a statement.
Patel replaced Subir Gokarn, who headed the monetary policy department and whose term as a deputy governor ended on December 31. (Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- UPDATE 8-At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760
- Gunmen said to chase investigators from MH17 crash site
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article