Diesel price decision not to reduce fuel subsidy bill - Chidambaram
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's budget-busting fuel subsidy bill for the current fiscal year ending in March is expected to remain unchanged even after a government decision to allow state-run oil companies to set diesel prices, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram said on Thursday.
"When they will make this small correction and how much, I can't say," he said. "So I am not factoring it."
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia announces jump in new cases of deadly MERS virus
- Mercedes, BMW chase ultra rich clients with new high end cars