Rupee falls tracking weak regional sentiment
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee falls to 53.90/91 versus its Thursday's close 53.68/69 tracking weakness in most Asian currencies versus the dollar.
Most regional shares also trading weaker but traders expect bunched-up dollar flows from Friday to be sold around 53.95-54.00 levels, limiting sharper gains beyond that level.
Forex and debt markets were closed on Friday for a local holiday.
Domestic sharemarket movements to be watched for direction during the day. Shares .BSESN currently trading up 0.1 percent.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- UPDATE 7-Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article