Rupee falls tracking weak regional sentiment
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee falls to 53.90/91 versus its Thursday's close 53.68/69 tracking weakness in most Asian currencies versus the dollar.
Most regional shares also trading weaker but traders expect bunched-up dollar flows from Friday to be sold around 53.95-54.00 levels, limiting sharper gains beyond that level.
Forex and debt markets were closed on Friday for a local holiday.
Domestic sharemarket movements to be watched for direction during the day. Shares .BSESN currently trading up 0.1 percent.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Alumnus dead after opening fire at Florida State University, wounding 3 |
- Mike Nichols, award-winning American director, dies at 83
- UPDATE 2-Doctor who treated source of second Mali Ebola outbreak dies
- Mike Nichols, award-winning American director, dies at 83 |
Kotak Mahindra Bank has agreed to buy ING Vysya in an all-share deal valuing its smaller rival at $2.4 billion, bulking up as analysts predict the start of long-awaited consolidation in a crowded banking sector. Full Article
U.S. court overturns bid by Ranbaxy to block launch of rival generic drugs. Full Article
Tech Mahindra to buy U.S.-based network services operator for $240 million Full Article
Infosys unit's overbilling Apple led to exit of top execs - sources. Full Article