Rupee falls tracking weak regional sentiment
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee falls to 53.90/91 versus its Thursday's close 53.68/69 tracking weakness in most Asian currencies versus the dollar.
Most regional shares also trading weaker but traders expect bunched-up dollar flows from Friday to be sold around 53.95-54.00 levels, limiting sharper gains beyond that level.
Forex and debt markets were closed on Friday for a local holiday.
Domestic sharemarket movements to be watched for direction during the day. Shares .BSESN currently trading up 0.1 percent.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- Singer Billy Joel to be honored with U.S. Gershwin Prize
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article