Rupee falls tracking weak regional sentiment
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee falls to 53.90/91 versus its Thursday's close 53.68/69 tracking weakness in most Asian currencies versus the dollar.
Most regional shares also trading weaker but traders expect bunched-up dollar flows from Friday to be sold around 53.95-54.00 levels, limiting sharper gains beyond that level.
Forex and debt markets were closed on Friday for a local holiday.
Domestic sharemarket movements to be watched for direction during the day. Shares .BSESN currently trading up 0.1 percent.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-U.S. House passes bill to avert govt shutdown, extend Export-Import bank
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- UPDATE 1-Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 - report
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- UPDATE 2-Bug delays Apple's HealthKit availability on iOS 8
The United States said on Wednesday it will press Prime Minister Narendra Modi to end his blockage of a global trade pact when he visits Washington this month, something that could dampen the mood of a trip aimed at revitalizing strategic ties. Full Article
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article