IVRCL shares slide; company to sell assets
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in IVRCL Ltd (IVRC.NS) slumped 8.9 percent on Tuesday, bringing its monthly fall so far to 28.5 percent, on continued speculations that the construction firm was facing funding challenges.
IVRCL shares fell even as a senior executive told a TV news channel the company was looking to raise 4 billion rupees by the end of March by selling assets.
"Funding shortage is there, but we have already initiated the sale of some assets," said R Balarami Reddy, chief financial officer of IVRCL, in an interview to news channel ET Now.
"Once it comes to the final stage we will announce."
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Bill Cosby says he does not have to 'answer to innuendos': report
- Hitler watercolour fetches 130,000 euros at Nuremberg auction
- China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article