IVRCL shares slide; company to sell assets
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in IVRCL Ltd (IVRC.NS) slumped 8.9 percent on Tuesday, bringing its monthly fall so far to 28.5 percent, on continued speculations that the construction firm was facing funding challenges.
IVRCL shares fell even as a senior executive told a TV news channel the company was looking to raise 4 billion rupees by the end of March by selling assets.
"Funding shortage is there, but we have already initiated the sale of some assets," said R Balarami Reddy, chief financial officer of IVRCL, in an interview to news channel ET Now.
"Once it comes to the final stage we will announce."
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- UPDATE 2-Jay Z leads with 9 Grammy nominations, but newcomers vie for top honors
- Australia celebrates first same-sex marriages ahead of court challenge
- Chinese mourn Mandela; ask awkward questions about own dissidents
The World Trade Organization reached its first ever trade reform deal on Saturday to the roar of approval from nearly 160 ministers who had gathered on the Indonesian island of Bali to decide on the make-or-break agreement that could add $1 trillion to the global economy. Full Article