HAL in talks for role in Rafale deal
BANGALORE (Reuters) - State-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) is actively talking to India's defence ministry for an assembly role in the Rafale combat jet contract that New Delhi is looking to sign, Chairman R.K Tyagi said.
India picked the Rafale combat jet, made by Dassault Aviation(AVMD.PA), for exclusive negotiations over a year ago after a hotly contested bidding war with rival manufacturers, but is still to finalize the 126-aircraft deal.
(Reporting by Ananthalakshmi Ananthsankar; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first 3 days
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- Israel's Mossad takes hunt for foreign spies and informants online
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article