HAL in talks for role in Rafale deal
BANGALORE (Reuters) - State-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) is actively talking to India's defence ministry for an assembly role in the Rafale combat jet contract that New Delhi is looking to sign, Chairman R.K Tyagi said.
India picked the Rafale combat jet, made by Dassault Aviation(AVMD.PA), for exclusive negotiations over a year ago after a hotly contested bidding war with rival manufacturers, but is still to finalize the 126-aircraft deal.
(Reporting by Ananthalakshmi Ananthsankar; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Russia transfer of rocket system to Ukraine rebels imminent- Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Nigeria government confirms Ebola case in megacity of Lagos
- UPDATE 1-Market Basket mulls ex-CEO's buyout offer as employees rally
- Dell, BlackBerry downplay threat from Apple-IBM alliance
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
Israel and Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip have agreed to a U.N.-requested 12-hour humanitarian truce to begin on Saturday morning, and efforts to secure a long-term cease-fire moved ahead. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article