HAL in talks for role in Rafale deal
BANGALORE (Reuters) - State-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) is actively talking to India's defence ministry for an assembly role in the Rafale combat jet contract that New Delhi is looking to sign, Chairman R.K Tyagi said.
India picked the Rafale combat jet, made by Dassault Aviation(AVMD.PA), for exclusive negotiations over a year ago after a hotly contested bidding war with rival manufacturers, but is still to finalize the 126-aircraft deal.
(Reporting by Ananthalakshmi Ananthsankar; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial
- SEBI cracks down on new funds, asset managers chafe
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-Obama says budget deal is good first step, urges Congress to act
- High inflation in Nov set to keep pressure on RBI