HAL in talks for role in Rafale deal
BANGALORE (Reuters) - State-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) is actively talking to India's defence ministry for an assembly role in the Rafale combat jet contract that New Delhi is looking to sign, Chairman R.K Tyagi said.
India picked the Rafale combat jet, made by Dassault Aviation(AVMD.PA), for exclusive negotiations over a year ago after a hotly contested bidding war with rival manufacturers, but is still to finalize the 126-aircraft deal.
(Reporting by Ananthalakshmi Ananthsankar; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TCS, Mitsubishi to form software services company
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- RIL telecoms unit in tower lease pact with ATC
Iron Ore Mining
Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff Full Article