EXCLUSIVE - Southeastern joined by other Dell investors: source
NEW YORK (Reuters) - At least three of Dell Inc's DELL.O top 20 shareholders support Southeastern Asset Management's decision to vote against the $24.4 billion buyout of the No. 3 PC maker led by CEO Michael Dell, a person close to the matter said.
Among the holders who support Southeastern are Harris Associates LP, Yacktman Asset Management LP and Pzena Investment Management LLC, which between them hold roughly 3.3 percent in Dell, the person said.
Harris and Yacktman were not immediately available for comment. Pzena's chairman, Richard Pzena, said a Dell deal should be in the $20 per share range or the company should explore other options.
(Reporting by Nadia Damouni; editing by Matthew Lewis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source
- Rupee retreats from 7-month high as shares fall
- India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources
- WRAPUP 4-Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast-source
- Exports fall in February, may miss annual target
Former security contractor Edward Snowden, addressing a sympathetic crowd at a tech-heavy event in Austin, Texas, on Monday from a secret location in Russia, said proposed reforms at the National Security Agency show that he was vindicated in leaking classified material. Full Article