Jaiprakash Associates down after earnings disappoint
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAIA.NS) fell as much as 4.2 percent, a day after the company reported a 64.2 percent fall in Oct-Dec net profit to 1.11 billion rupees.
The company reported a 17 percent rise in cement volumes to 3.7 million metric tonnes for the quarter, Barclays said in a note. However, EBITDA realisation came down 19 percent over the period due to higher fuel and logistics costs, mitigating the advantage of higher cement volumes.
Finance costs rose 15 percent although earnings were supported by high quarterly real-estate sales, it added.
"Near-term stock performance would be driven by JPA's ability to resolve perception around debt service capability," the note said, adding it expects clarity on sale of Gujarat cement plants to ease near-term debt concerns.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Modi eyes breakthrough nuclear pact on Japan trip
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet
- UPDATE 3-Ebola causing huge damage to W.Africa economies- development bank
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account
Jan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will promise on Thursday to provide a bank account for every Indian household when he launches a major initiative that could save billions of dollars in welfare spending and help mend strained state finances. Full Article