Jaiprakash Associates down after earnings disappoint
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAIA.NS) fell as much as 4.2 percent, a day after the company reported a 64.2 percent fall in Oct-Dec net profit to 1.11 billion rupees.
The company reported a 17 percent rise in cement volumes to 3.7 million metric tonnes for the quarter, Barclays said in a note. However, EBITDA realisation came down 19 percent over the period due to higher fuel and logistics costs, mitigating the advantage of higher cement volumes.
Finance costs rose 15 percent although earnings were supported by high quarterly real-estate sales, it added.
"Near-term stock performance would be driven by JPA's ability to resolve perception around debt service capability," the note said, adding it expects clarity on sale of Gujarat cement plants to ease near-term debt concerns.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea - Malaysian air force
- Malaysia seeks India's help in search for missing airliner
- "Small, encouraging signs" in Michael Schumacher's condition - agent
- Malaysia says last sighting of plane possibly off west coast
- Coastguards from Andaman and Nicobar islands join lost Malaysian jet search
India's flagging economy delivered rare good news on Wednesday with a slight expansion of industrial production and further cooling in consumer prices, offering some respite to the ruling coalition before next month's general election. Article | Expert views