Spurs top Bulls without injured trio
REUTERS - San Antonio Spurs protected their NBA-best record with an impressive 103-89 victory over Chicago Bulls on Monday despite missing three top players through injury.
Tony Parker (knee), Tim Duncan (knee) and Manu Ginobili (hamstring) were all scratched from the game but the Spurs leaned on a career-best 26 points from Kawhi Leonard and 18 from Danny Green to tame the Bulls.
San Antonio clung to a slim 76-75 edge in the fourth before running off a 19-5 spurt to close the door on Chicago.
The Spurs (41-12) had lately been relying on the brilliant play of All Star Parker who covered for his ailing team mates and even as he too joined the injured group with a swollen knee, San Antonio claimed the win to stay atop the NBA.
Nate Robinson scored 20 points to pace the Bulls while Joakim Noah added seven and 15 rebounds for the home team which faded down the stretch.
Chicago (30-21) has now lost three of four.
(Writing by Jahmal Corner in Los Angeles; editing by Amlan Chakraborty)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Bajaj Auto says union at Chakan plant plans work stoppage
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- S.Korea ferry captain rushed back to bridge as ship listed - crewman
- Drone risks damage at record depth in search for Malaysian plane