S.Africa's Sanlam raises stake in Shriram Transport Finance
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African insurance group Sanlam (SLMJ.J) has acquired a further 3.7 percent in Shriram Transport Finance (SRTR.NS) for nearly 1 billion rand, raising its stake to about 10 percent.
Sanlam already holds stakes in Chennai-based conglomerate Shriram Group's insurance businesses.
(Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article