S.Africa's Sanlam raises stake in Shriram Transport Finance
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African insurance group Sanlam (SLMJ.J) has acquired a further 3.7 percent in Shriram Transport Finance (SRTR.NS) for nearly 1 billion rand, raising its stake to about 10 percent.
Sanlam already holds stakes in Chennai-based conglomerate Shriram Group's insurance businesses.
(Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- UPDATE 8-At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article