S.Africa's Sanlam raises stake in Shriram Transport Finance
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African insurance group Sanlam (SLMJ.J) has acquired a further 3.7 percent in Shriram Transport Finance (SRTR.NS) for nearly 1 billion rand, raising its stake to about 10 percent.
Sanlam already holds stakes in Chennai-based conglomerate Shriram Group's insurance businesses.
(Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.52 percent to an all-time high of 27,762.13. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.49 percent to a record of 8,291.65. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article