S.Africa's Sanlam raises stake in Shriram Transport Finance
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African insurance group Sanlam (SLMJ.J) has acquired a further 3.7 percent in Shriram Transport Finance (SRTR.NS) for nearly 1 billion rand, raising its stake to about 10 percent.
Sanlam already holds stakes in Chennai-based conglomerate Shriram Group's insurance businesses.
(Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
- India hope to get boxer Sarita Devi's suspension reversed
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article