S.Africa's Sanlam raises stake in Shriram Transport Finance
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African insurance group Sanlam (SLMJ.J) has acquired a further 3.7 percent in Shriram Transport Finance (SRTR.NS) for nearly 1 billion rand, raising its stake to about 10 percent.
Sanlam already holds stakes in Chennai-based conglomerate Shriram Group's insurance businesses.
(Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In India, rice replaces ice in bucket challenge
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Negative euro overnight rates show cracks in banking system
- India's growth speeds up in after-glow of Modi's triumph
- Indian power station coal stocks lowest since 2012 blackouts
India's economy grew by a faster-than-expected 5.7 percent in the three months through June, its fastest pace in two-and-a- half years, helped by a rebound in manufacturing and mining sectors, government data showed on Friday. Full Article
In race for bigger margins, drug makers willing to lose the India "advantage". Full Article