Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Cairn India Ltd(CAIL.NS) gain 2.2 percent after Kotak Institutional Equities upgraded the stock to "buy" from "add" and kept its target price of 340 rupees, saying the current price provides a good entry point as valuations and expectations have turned reasonable.
"We find the risk-reward balance favourable now as the stock does not factor in potential upsides from Barmer Hill formation, 19 other discoveries and prospective exploration in Rajasthan block," Kotak says in a report.
The investment bank adds that the stock has been penalized enough for missing its "aggressive" guidance.
Cairn India shares have fallen 14.6 percent in 2013, as of Thursday's close.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
Trending On Reuters
A Nepali police team has pulled out the bodies of about 50 people, including some foreign trekkers, from an avalanche-hit area, officials said on Sunday, as the death toll from last month's devastating earthquake climbed to over 7,000. Full Article | Slideshow
- Video: Nepalese leave Kathmandu and return to villages
- Monsoons could bring disease, a second crisis, to Nepal - UNICEF
- Insight - Soul-searching over quake ends Everest climbing season
- Video: Relief goods for Nepal quake victims held up, remote areas awaiting aid
- Video: U.S. ready to provide more support to Nepal, says Kerry
Free medical for in-laws helps Indian tech start-ups woo talent back from America Full Article