Kotak upgrades Cairn India; shares gain
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Cairn India Ltd(CAIL.NS) gain 2.2 percent after Kotak Institutional Equities upgraded the stock to "buy" from "add" and kept its target price of 340 rupees, saying the current price provides a good entry point as valuations and expectations have turned reasonable.
"We find the risk-reward balance favourable now as the stock does not factor in potential upsides from Barmer Hill formation, 19 other discoveries and prospective exploration in Rajasthan block," Kotak says in a report.
The investment bank adds that the stock has been penalized enough for missing its "aggressive" guidance.
Cairn India shares have fallen 14.6 percent in 2013, as of Thursday's close.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- UPDATE 5-Bike-riding U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article