Kotak upgrades Cairn India; shares gain
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Cairn India Ltd(CAIL.NS) gain 2.2 percent after Kotak Institutional Equities upgraded the stock to "buy" from "add" and kept its target price of 340 rupees, saying the current price provides a good entry point as valuations and expectations have turned reasonable.
"We find the risk-reward balance favourable now as the stock does not factor in potential upsides from Barmer Hill formation, 19 other discoveries and prospective exploration in Rajasthan block," Kotak says in a report.
The investment bank adds that the stock has been penalized enough for missing its "aggressive" guidance.
Cairn India shares have fallen 14.6 percent in 2013, as of Thursday's close.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source
- Rupee retreats from 7-month high as shares fall
- India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources
- WRAPUP 4-Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast-source
- Exports fall in February, may miss annual target
MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE
Malaysia is probing if any passengers or crew aboard a missing airliner had personal or psychological problems that might explain its disappearance, along with the possibility of a hijack, sabotage or mechanical failure. Full Article