Kotak upgrades Cairn India; shares gain
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Cairn India Ltd(CAIL.NS) gain 2.2 percent after Kotak Institutional Equities upgraded the stock to "buy" from "add" and kept its target price of 340 rupees, saying the current price provides a good entry point as valuations and expectations have turned reasonable.
"We find the risk-reward balance favourable now as the stock does not factor in potential upsides from Barmer Hill formation, 19 other discoveries and prospective exploration in Rajasthan block," Kotak says in a report.
The investment bank adds that the stock has been penalized enough for missing its "aggressive" guidance.
Cairn India shares have fallen 14.6 percent in 2013, as of Thursday's close.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article