Emirates renew PSG shirt sponsorship deal
PARIS (Reuters) - French league champions Paris St Germain and Dubai airline Emirates extended their shirt sponsorship deal by another five years on Friday.
Despite maintaining a relationship between the two parties that dates back to 2006, neither PSG president Nasser al-Khelaifi nor Emirates executive vice-president Thierry Antinori were prepared to reveal the official value of the agreement.
However, Antinori did say the amount was "a three-digit figure, so between 100 and 999 million euros" over five years as Emirates will be the only sponsor to appear on the PSG shirt next season.
According to media reports, the agreement was worth around 25 million euros a year, still significantly below the more lucrative shirt sponsorship deals in the English Premier League. (Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by John O'Brien)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- UPDATE 4-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
Recent episodes of vomiting suffered by Barcelona forward Lionel Messi are "not normal" but they do not affect his performance and there is no cause for alarm, coach Gerardo Martino said on Friday. Full Article
"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend. Full Article