IMF'S Lagarde: Fed likely to start trimming bond purchases next year
WASHINGTON, June 14
WASHINGTON, June 14 (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund expects the U.S. Federal Reserve will trim the amount of bonds it buys every month beginning next year, the organization's chief said on Friday.
"In terms of our hypothesis for next year's (economic) forecast, I think we have assumed a very slight decline" in monthly purchases made by the Fed, IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde told a news conference.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- SEBI orders PACL to return $8.1 billion raised from investment scheme