IMF'S Lagarde: Fed likely to start trimming bond purchases next year
WASHINGTON, June 14
WASHINGTON, June 14 (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund expects the U.S. Federal Reserve will trim the amount of bonds it buys every month beginning next year, the organization's chief said on Friday.
"In terms of our hypothesis for next year's (economic) forecast, I think we have assumed a very slight decline" in monthly purchases made by the Fed, IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde told a news conference.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Alibaba in talks with Snapdeal to enter India - Economic Times
- Mars mission enters last lap; crucial test on Sept. 24
- After Obama speech, Islamic State wins new recruits in Syria - monitor
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom