Jindal Steel slumps on Congress poll showing
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Jindal Steel and Power (JNSP.NS) slump 6.24 percent after the main opposition BJP party swept three out of four key state elections held since last month, dealers say.
Jindal Steel chairman Naveen Jindal is a member of parliament representing the ruling Congress party.
The election results were seen bolstering the chances of Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and its prime minister candidate Narendra Modi in general elections due by May next year, and were widely seen as a blow to the ruling Congress Party.
Also Jindal Steel And Power is due to be replaced by Axis Bank (AXBK.NS) in the Sensex starting on December 23.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia announces jump in new cases of deadly MERS virus
- Mercedes, BMW chase ultra rich clients with new high end cars