Jindal Steel slumps on Congress poll showing
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Jindal Steel and Power (JNSP.NS) slump 6.24 percent after the main opposition BJP party swept three out of four key state elections held since last month, dealers say.
Jindal Steel chairman Naveen Jindal is a member of parliament representing the ruling Congress party.
The election results were seen bolstering the chances of Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and its prime minister candidate Narendra Modi in general elections due by May next year, and were widely seen as a blow to the ruling Congress Party.
Also Jindal Steel And Power is due to be replaced by Axis Bank (AXBK.NS) in the Sensex starting on December 23.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
- Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Russia's Putin looking at cooperation to fight Islamic State - agency
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article