Country singer Cagle arrested in Texas on drunk driving charge
AUSTIN, Texas Dec 17 (Reuters) - Country music singer Chris Cagle was arrested over the weekend on suspicion of driving drunk in the north Texas city of Greenville, the Texas Department of Public Safety said on Tuesday.
Cagle, 45, was pulled over for running a red light while driving a 2008 pickup truck, police said. He was interviewed by a highway patrol officer and then arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, the department said in a statement.
"Mr. Cagle was transported to the Hunt County Jail in Greenville and booked in without incident," the statement said.
Cagle, whose song "I Breathe In, I Breathe Out" was No. 1 on Billboard's country music chart about a decade ago, was not immediately available for comment. (Reporting by Jon Herskovitz; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns