Samsung Electronics Q4 guidance misses street estimates
SEOUL Jan 7 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd estimated its October-December operating profit fell 18 percent to 8.3 trillion won ($7.8 billion) from the prior quarter's record earnings due to a one-off special bonus and heightened competition with Apple Inc.
The guidance, released on Tuesday ahead of full quarterly results scheduled for Jan. 24, was lower than a 9.75 trillion won Thomson Reuters' Starmine SmartEstimate of 23 analysts, which gives greater weighting to the more accurate analysts.
The South Korean company estimated fourth-quarter sales of 59.0 trillion won, versus a market estimate of 61 trillion won. ($1 = 1065.5000 Korean won) (Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Christopher Cushing)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- REFILE-Slain journalist's employer publishes email to family from Islamic State
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
- Gold near two-month low; set for weekly drop on interest rate fears