Al Qaeda-linked group claims Beirut bombings
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for two blasts in Beirut on Wednesday in a message on its Twitter account.
"In a little while, God willing, there will be important announcements on the attack of the Iranian cultural centre in Beirut by your brothers in the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, from the Hussein Bin Ali cell," it said.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Banks pile pressure on liquor baron Mallya over airline loans
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups Full Article