Al Qaeda-linked group claims Beirut bombings
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for two blasts in Beirut on Wednesday in a message on its Twitter account.
"In a little while, God willing, there will be important announcements on the attack of the Iranian cultural centre in Beirut by your brothers in the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, from the Hussein Bin Ali cell," it said.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Arvind Subramanian likely to be chief econ adviser
- EXCLUSIVE - Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Govt raises sugar import duty to 25 pct from 15 pct
More than 70 percent of Indians are satisfied with the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi since he took office nearly three months ago, an opinion poll showed, seeing in him the best hope to put the economy back on track. Full Article
First pictures of Taj Mahal to ‘Hairy family of Burma’: subcontinent photos from 1850-1910. Full Article