Al Qaeda-linked group claims Beirut bombings
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for two blasts in Beirut on Wednesday in a message on its Twitter account.
"In a little while, God willing, there will be important announcements on the attack of the Iranian cultural centre in Beirut by your brothers in the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, from the Hussein Bin Ali cell," it said.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India moves toward ban on loose cigarettes to deter smoking
- Cold hard facts: Underwater robot measures Antarctic sea ice |
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion suit, Casablanca piano go for millions
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Missouri governor orders more troops to Ferguson after riots |
India has found two outbreaks of a highly contagious bird flu virus in Kerala, prompting the authorities to cull more than 200,000 ducks, the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) said on Tuesday. Full Article