Al Qaeda-linked group claims Beirut bombings
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for two blasts in Beirut on Wednesday in a message on its Twitter account.
"In a little while, God willing, there will be important announcements on the attack of the Iranian cultural centre in Beirut by your brothers in the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, from the Hussein Bin Ali cell," it said.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge
- Islamic State releases video it says shows British journalist John Cantlie
- Jailed Fatah leader lauds Gaza 'victory', urges confrontation with Israel
- International country music singer George Hamilton IV dies at 77
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow
Sophia Loren, Italy's national icon, turns 80 with book of memoirs. Full Article