Al Qaeda-linked group claims Beirut bombings
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for two blasts in Beirut on Wednesday in a message on its Twitter account.
"In a little while, God willing, there will be important announcements on the attack of the Iranian cultural centre in Beirut by your brothers in the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, from the Hussein Bin Ali cell," it said.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site
- India keeps world guessing in countdown to landmark trade pact deadline
- India to probe corruption in healthcare after TV sting
- Modi's BJP puts political twist on local sex abuse case
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan
India has ordered an investigation into doctors and laboratories suspected of offering kickbacks for referring patients for medical tests, following a sting operation by a TV news channel. Full Article
Russia says MH17 probe should be done by "international community", not Ukraine. Full Article