Al Qaeda-linked group claims Beirut bombings
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for two blasts in Beirut on Wednesday in a message on its Twitter account.
"In a little while, God willing, there will be important announcements on the attack of the Iranian cultural centre in Beirut by your brothers in the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, from the Hussein Bin Ali cell," it said.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
- UPDATE 6-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
India promised on Monday to open up the coal industry to private players and moved closer to selling a stake in a state-run oil company, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi picked up the pace on economic reform days after relaxing fuel price controls. Full Article
Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders. Full Article