Al Qaeda-linked group claims Beirut bombings
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for two blasts in Beirut on Wednesday in a message on its Twitter account.
"In a little while, God willing, there will be important announcements on the attack of the Iranian cultural centre in Beirut by your brothers in the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, from the Hussein Bin Ali cell," it said.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Verizon profit misses expectations, shares fall
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Thousands mob Modi as election race starts in Varanasi
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
Narendra Modi received a hero's welcome from thousands of orange-clad supporters as he launched his election campaign on Thursday in the religious city of Varanasi, a show of strength for the Hindu nationalist tipped to be prime minister. Read | Full Coverage: Election 2014
Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned. Full Article
Janet Yellen, Miley Cyrus odd bedfellows in Time's list of 100 most influential. Full Article