Al Qaeda-linked group claims Beirut bombings
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for two blasts in Beirut on Wednesday in a message on its Twitter account.
"In a little while, God willing, there will be important announcements on the attack of the Iranian cultural centre in Beirut by your brothers in the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, from the Hussein Bin Ali cell," it said.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- UPDATE 7-Apple's Cook: "I'm proud to be gay"
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- UPDATE 5-Bike-riding U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Apple's Cook: "I'm proud to be gay"
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article
India's delivery men offer prize investment as billions pour into e-commerce. Full Article