Al Qaeda-linked group claims Beirut bombings
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for two blasts in Beirut on Wednesday in a message on its Twitter account.
"In a little while, God willing, there will be important announcements on the attack of the Iranian cultural centre in Beirut by your brothers in the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, from the Hussein Bin Ali cell," it said.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Alumnus dead after opening fire at Florida State University, wounding 3 |
- Mike Nichols, award-winning American director, dies at 83
- UPDATE 2-Doctor who treated source of second Mali Ebola outbreak dies
- Mike Nichols, award-winning American director, dies at 83 |
Self-styled religious leader Satguru Rampalji Maharaj was charged on Thursday with sedition and waging war against the state after a days-long siege of his sprawling compound ended in his arrest along with 450 hardcore followers. Full Article
U.S. court overturns bid by Ranbaxy to block launch of rival generic drugs. Full Article