Al Qaeda-linked group claims Beirut bombings
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The al Qaeda-linked Abdullah Azzam Brigades claimed responsibility for two blasts in Beirut on Wednesday in a message on its Twitter account.
"In a little while, God willing, there will be important announcements on the attack of the Iranian cultural centre in Beirut by your brothers in the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, from the Hussein Bin Ali cell," it said.
(Reporting by Erika Solomon; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- UPDATE 2-Argentina defaults but investors see deal possible eventually
- Cricket - India four down and facing England defeat
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article