OSLO Opera Software's(OPERA.OL) internet browser will be pre-installed on Nokia's (NOK1V.HE) new low-cost mobile phone platform, known as the X, Norway's Opera said on Monday.
"At launch time, the Nokia models launching with Opera pre-installed ... include the devices Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL," Opera wrote in a statement.
Introduced just days before Microsoft (MSFT.O) is expected to take over Nokia's mobile phone operations in a $7.2 billion deal, the X phones are nevertheless based on rival Google's (GOOG.O) Android software.
(Reporting by Terje Solsvik)
Trending On Reuters
India has blocked hundreds of adult websites to prevent pornography becoming a social nuisance, a government official said on Monday, sparking a debate about censorship and freedom in the world's largest democracy. Article | Poll
- Samsung glamour days over as it fights to save mobile market share
- Drug using 3D printing technology gets FDA nod
- U.S. court to hear lawsuits over 'net neutrality' in December
- U.S. drones capture breath samples from humpback whales in study
- Internet experts submit draft plan for U.S. to cede domain oversight