Opera browser to be pre-installed on Nokia's X phones
OSLO (Reuters) - Opera Software's(OPERA.OL) internet browser will be pre-installed on Nokia's (NOK1V.HE) new low-cost mobile phone platform, known as the X, Norway's Opera said on Monday.
"At launch time, the Nokia models launching with Opera pre-installed ... include the devices Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL," Opera wrote in a statement.
Introduced just days before Microsoft (MSFT.O) is expected to take over Nokia's mobile phone operations in a $7.2 billion deal, the X phones are nevertheless based on rival Google's (GOOG.O) Android software.
(Reporting by Terje Solsvik)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
Trending On Reuters
Apple Inc will delay the start of production on a larger, 12.9-inch iPad until around September because of problems involving the display panel supply, said a report by Bloomberg News citing people familiar with the company's plans as saying. Full Article
- China backs e-commerce expansion in win for Alibaba, JD.com
- HBO in talks with Apple, Google to launch streaming service - reports
- Huawei, Intel expand tie-up amid China's rising scrutiny of U.S. tech firms
- Judges wary of Apple's claims of phone patent harm by Samsung
- Pee-powered "green" toilet to light up refugee camps
PM Modi to ramp up help for Indian Ocean nations to counter China influence Full Article
Knife-wielding attacker slashes face of U.S. ambassador in South Korea Full Article