Opera browser to be pre-installed on Nokia's X phones
OSLO (Reuters) - Opera Software's(OPERA.OL) internet browser will be pre-installed on Nokia's (NOK1V.HE) new low-cost mobile phone platform, known as the X, Norway's Opera said on Monday.
"At launch time, the Nokia models launching with Opera pre-installed ... include the devices Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL," Opera wrote in a statement.
Introduced just days before Microsoft (MSFT.O) is expected to take over Nokia's mobile phone operations in a $7.2 billion deal, the X phones are nevertheless based on rival Google's (GOOG.O) Android software.
(Reporting by Terje Solsvik)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
Google Inc Chief Executive Officer Larry Page has put Sundar Pichai, one of his key lieutenants, in charge of the Internet company's products. The India-born executive will have oversight over products such as search, maps, Google+, commerce, advertising and infrastructure. Full Article
Google bolsters artificial intelligence efforts, partners with Oxford. Full Article