Sina says Weibo daily active users up 4 percent to 61.4 million
BEIJING (Reuters) - Sina Corp (SINA.O) said on Tuesday the number of daily active users of its Sina Weibo microblog had risen 4 percent quarter-on-quarter to 61.4 million as of December.
The number of daily active users rose to 61.4 million from 59 million as of last September, Sina said on a conference call following the release of its fourth quarter earnings results.
September's user number was revised down from 60.2 million reported after the firm's third quarter earnings.
In January an official body reported that user numbers for Chinese microblogs, including Sina Weibo, had fallen 9 percent as people flocked to mobile messaging apps like Tencent Holdings Ltd's (0700.HK) WeChat.
(Reporting by Paul Carsten; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- UPDATE 3-Ocwen shares slide after NY finds backdated foreclosure letters
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- UPDATE 2-Tough U.S. rivalries, China food scandal pound McDonald's
Smartphone users won't recognise the name B2X, but if your battery dies or your screen breaks, the odds are that the company will be working behind the scenes when you seek a repair. Full Article