Sina says Weibo daily active users up 4 percent to 61.4 million
BEIJING (Reuters) - Sina Corp (SINA.O) said on Tuesday the number of daily active users of its Sina Weibo microblog had risen 4 percent quarter-on-quarter to 61.4 million as of December.
The number of daily active users rose to 61.4 million from 59 million as of last September, Sina said on a conference call following the release of its fourth quarter earnings results.
September's user number was revised down from 60.2 million reported after the firm's third quarter earnings.
In January an official body reported that user numbers for Chinese microblogs, including Sina Weibo, had fallen 9 percent as people flocked to mobile messaging apps like Tencent Holdings Ltd's (0700.HK) WeChat.
(Reporting by Paul Carsten; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
Google Inc Chief Executive Officer Larry Page has put Sundar Pichai, one of his key lieutenants, in charge of the Internet company's products. The India-born executive will have oversight over products such as search, maps, Google+, commerce, advertising and infrastructure. Full Article
Google bolsters artificial intelligence efforts, partners with Oxford. Full Article