Sina says Weibo daily active users up 4 percent to 61.4 million
BEIJING (Reuters) - Sina Corp (SINA.O) said on Tuesday the number of daily active users of its Sina Weibo microblog had risen 4 percent quarter-on-quarter to 61.4 million as of December.
The number of daily active users rose to 61.4 million from 59 million as of last September, Sina said on a conference call following the release of its fourth quarter earnings results.
September's user number was revised down from 60.2 million reported after the firm's third quarter earnings.
In January an official body reported that user numbers for Chinese microblogs, including Sina Weibo, had fallen 9 percent as people flocked to mobile messaging apps like Tencent Holdings Ltd's (0700.HK) WeChat.
(Reporting by Paul Carsten; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- IFC launches $2.5 billion rupee-denominated bonds for infra projects in India
- Lack of options leave India struggling with Dhoni dilemma
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- Pakistan cleric's supporters attempt to blockade parliament, but MPs escape
Pictures of the dead
Twitter Inc said it will remove images or videos of deceased individuals at the request of family members. Full Article
Despite lip service, Silicon Valley venture capital still a man’s world Full Article