Sina says Weibo daily active users up 4 percent to 61.4 million
BEIJING (Reuters) - Sina Corp (SINA.O) said on Tuesday the number of daily active users of its Sina Weibo microblog had risen 4 percent quarter-on-quarter to 61.4 million as of December.
The number of daily active users rose to 61.4 million from 59 million as of last September, Sina said on a conference call following the release of its fourth quarter earnings results.
September's user number was revised down from 60.2 million reported after the firm's third quarter earnings.
In January an official body reported that user numbers for Chinese microblogs, including Sina Weibo, had fallen 9 percent as people flocked to mobile messaging apps like Tencent Holdings Ltd's (0700.HK) WeChat.
(Reporting by Paul Carsten; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-SAP agrees to buy expense software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
Alibaba Group priced its initial public offering at $68 a share, the top end of the expected range, raising $21.8 billion, in the latest sign of strong investor appetite for the Chinese e-commerce juggernaut. Full Article
Apple's iPhone 6 Plus includes chips from Qualcomm, Skyworks - iFixit Full Article