Infrastructure output growth quickens to 4.2 pct in April
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's annual infrastructure sector output growth accelerated to 4.2 percent in April from 2.5 percent in the previous month, government data showed on Monday.
The infrastructure sector, which comprises coal, crude oil, oil refining, natural gas, steel, cement, electricity and fertilisers, accounts for 37.9 percent of India's industrial output.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh; Editing by Douglas Busvine)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Russia transfer of rocket system to Ukraine rebels imminent- Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Nigeria government confirms Ebola case in megacity of Lagos
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- UPDATE 1-Market Basket mulls ex-CEO's buyout offer as employees rally
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
Israel and Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip have agreed to a U.N.-requested 12-hour humanitarian truce to begin on Saturday morning, and efforts to secure a long-term cease-fire moved ahead. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article