DURBAN Netherlands winger Arjen Robben will make his first start of the World Cup, replacing the injured Rafael van der Vaart, when his side take on Slovakia in the second round at the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Monday.
Robben, who made his first appearance at the tournament on Thursday when he came on as a substitute against Cameroon, will start on the right flank with Dirk Kuyt set to play on the left.
Gregory van der Wiel returns to the starting lineup at right back after being replaced by Khalid Boulahrouz for the match against Cameroon to avoid the risk of a second yellow card.
Slovakia coach Vladimir Weiss made just one change to the team which beat holders Italy 3-2 last week, bringing his namesake son into midfield in the absence of the suspended Zdeno Strba.
(Editing by Michael Holden)
Trending On Reuters
LYON, France - Hosts France came from behind to beat 10-man Ireland 2-1 and reach the Euro 2016 quarter-finals after two second-half strikes from forward Antoine Griezmann at Parc OL on Sunday. Full Article
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Euro 2016: Wales edge closer to first semi-final after 58-year wait
- Djokovic focused on Wimbledon defence but sees bigger picture
- Hodgson happy to continue but will not 'beg' to stay
- Enigmatic Portugal could muddle their way through to the final