* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange is 0.28
percent up, while the MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
is 0.02 percent lower.
* Asian shares were capped on Tuesday by caution over weak
global growth data, but Japanese equities scaled a near
five-year peak after the Standard & Poor's 500 Index
closed at a record high overnight on renewed hopes of a steady
* Foreign institutional investors were net buyers of 8.97
billion rupees of stocks on Monday, provisional exchange data
* Disappointed by the central bank chief's comments on Friday
that there was little room for further policy easing, investors
are pinning hopes on foreign inflows and government efforts to
revive the economy.
* Also on watch, January-March earnings of GlaxoSmithKline