* The BSE index gains 0.45 percent, rebounding from
three-month lows hit in the previous session, while the 50-share
NSE index is also up 0.5 percent.
* Technology shares gain as a weakening rupee is seen
benefiting returns from overseas profits: Infosys Ltd
gains 1.4 percent, while Wipro Ltd is up 1.6 percent.
* However, oil explorers extend falls on worries a cost-sharing
recovery mechanism will be withdrawn after the government's
planned move to a revenue-sharing policy from profit-sharing
* Oil and Natural Gas Corp falls 0.8 percent and Oil
India is down 1.3 percentŸ, after budget failed to
present a credible roadmap on subsidy reduction.
* Overall, traders say sentiment remains weak after the 2013/14
budget unveiled on Thursday was seen as focusing on
revenue-raising measures, including duties on wealthier income
earners, to pay for an increase in spending.
* Data showing worse-than-expected 4.5 percent growth in GDP in
the quarter ended December, also hurt sentiment.