Oct 18 Nordic Semiconductor Asa :
* Nordic Semiconductor CEO Svenn-Tore Larsen says the
company will announce a new contract connected to so-called
wearables technology later on Tuesday
* CEO says "We have been suffering in wearables due to a
loss earlier. But we will see some exciting news later today
about wins in wristbands. So watch out for an exciting press
release later today."
* CEO about Q3 earnings miss: "We had a problem with late
incoming supply and we need to build up our supply."
* CEO says "we have very good development in kit activity
and we are on track for a record year."
* CFO Paal Elstad about margins: "Margin weakening in the
third quarter is due to lower yields during the rapid volume
ramp-up. We have solved these issues, but they will also impact
* CFO says "Q4 is historically weaker then Q3, however we
expect Q4 revenue to be up compared to Q3."
* Related story: Q3 earnings and revenues below forecast
Further company coverage:
(Reporting By Joachim Dagenborg, editing by Ole Petter Skonnord
and Terje Solsvik)