NEW YORK Jan 31 The euro rose to a session high versus the dollar in mid-morning trade on Thursday, but an option barrier at $1.36 could cap further gains.
Signs of improvement in the euro zone's economy and banks have lifted the euro in recent weeks.
The euro rose as high as $1.3593 on Reuters data, the highest since November 2011. It was last at $1.3586, up 0.2 percent on the day.
Trending On Reuters
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit, shares tumble
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again