AMSTERDAM, Sept 12 (Reuters) -
* Newspaper company MediaNews repeats it opposes staffing
company Randstad's $3.40 per share takeover bid for
jobs site Monster Worldwide.
* MediaNews, which holds an 11.6 percent stake in Monster,
urges other shareholders not to tender to Randstad's offer,
which was first announced in August but launched last week.
* Randstad's offer values Monster at $429 million including
* In an open letter, Media news says Monsters' own managers
bought back stock at a price above $5 per share in December and
snubbed buyers potentially willing to pay more than $4 per share
in July shortly before agreeing to support Randstad's offer.
* MediaNews says that if successful, it will seek to appoint
a new board at Monster, "turn around the business and maximize
(Reporting by Toby Sterling)