BEIRUT An explosion in front of the Damascus headquarters for the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) killed at least one person on Thursday, Syrian state television said.
Syria TV said "terrorists from al Qaeda" blew up an improvised explosive device in a car, causing damage to the SARC building. State media often refers to the rebels trying to topple President Bashar al-Assad as al Qaeda terrorists.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent has come under fire several times, and members accuse both the government and Syrian rebels of attacks. (Reporting by Erika Solomon; editing by Patrick Graham)
Trending On Reuters
Republican front-runner Donald Trump went from long-shot contender to become the party's presumptive nominee on Tuesday with a commanding win in Indiana, and the party began to coalesce around him as top rival Ted Cruz bowed out of the race. Full Article
- Exiting 2016 race, Republican Cruz leaves himself a path forward
- Islamic State kills U.S. Navy SEAL in northern Iraq
- Rebels launch assault in Syria's Aleppo, diplomats try to revive truce
- Russia delays U.N. council condemnation of North Korea missile tests
- Kerry warns Syria's Assad of 'repercussions' if truce, transition fail