WASHINGTON U.S. home merchandise retailer Bed Bath & Beyond Inc is recalling tissue holders because one of its materials emits low levels of radiation, the company said on Friday.
According to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), there is no health threat from the item, the Dual Ridge Metal boutique tissue holder, the company said in a statement.
The holder has been sold since July in about 200 of Bed Bath & Beyond's 1,000 stores in the United States and Canada and through its website, it said.
The holder "contains a material which emits low levels of radiation," the company said.
"The NRC has also informed us that the material is believed to be in the tissue holder itself and cannot be inhaled, nor can it contaminate other objects (such as tissues)."
The item has been pulled from the stores and from the website.
The statement did not identify the radioactive material.
Trending On Reuters
The World Health Organization on Thursday recommended a speedier, cheaper treatment plan for patients with superbug forms of tuberculosis (TB) - a change that should help cure thousands of the killer disease. Full Article
- Smoking ban weakly linked to decline in preterm births
- Death after surgery three times more likely in lower-income countries
- Abortion rates fall to historic low in wealthy countries, little changed elsewhere
- Mosquito-repellent soap invention seeks to wash away Africa malaria threat
- Brazil says Zika-linked microcephaly cases fall to 4,759