HONG KONG, April 25 - Pleiad Investment Advisors, a hedge fund spin-out from Soros Fund Management, has hired former Goldman Sachs prime brokerage executive Vien Chiu as its chief financial officer, as it prepares to launch in the third quarter of 2014.
April 24 - Dell Inc Chief Executive Michael Dell is likely to sell his corporate gardening company ValleyCrest to KKR & Co LP's Brickman unit, the Financial Times reported.
TORONTO, April 24 - Barrick Gold Corp's founder and outgoing chairman Peter Munk criticized potential takeover target Newmont Mining Corp in an interview with the National Post newspaper on Thursday, saying the U.S. miner is "not shareholder-friendly."
By Shinichi Saoshiro TOKYO, April 25 - Japanese shares gained on Friday, buoyed by a weaker yen and after inflation data came in lower than expected, reinforcing some hopes for further monetary easing by the Bank of Japan. The Nikkei share average 0.7 percent to 14,498.89 in morning trade, moving back towards a two-week high of 14,650 hit on Monday. The index had shed 1 percent on Thursday as the lack of a breakthrough in U.S.-Japan trade talks disappointed some investors.
(Repeats to more subscribers; corrects period for sales in first paragraph)
* Nikkei shrugs off initial disappointment on lack of U.S.-Japan trade deal
April 24 - Private equity firm KKR & Co LP plans to allow investors to sell parts of their stake in buyout funds through a new private market run by Nasdaq OMX Group Inc , the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
TAIPEI, April 24 - Foxconn Technology Group will decide in October whether to proceed with a planned $1 billion manufacturing project in Indonesia after a new government takes office, a company source said on Thursday.
MEXICO CITY, April 24 - Billionaire Carlos Slim's conglomerate Grupo Carso on Thursday reported a higher first-quarter profit as lower sales and financing costs offset a dip in revenue.
- Financial: Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border
- Technology: Peru's Vargas Llosa to take secret of Garcia Marquez spat to grave
- Healthcare: Obama wraps up Japan visit after security pledge but no trade deal
- Consumer: Michael Phelps beaten in first comeback final
- Energy: Nine killed as poll violence hits restive Indian regions
- Industrials: Israel suspends peace talks after Palestinian unity bid
- M&A: PRESS DIGEST- Financial Times - April 25
- Bankruptcy: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - April 25
- IPOs: DEALTALK-China's big pork IPO brought low by blunders and bad luck
- Private Capital: Activist fund Relational discloses stake in "undervalued" Clean Harbors
- Hedge Funds: Apocalypse Now? China 'bears' hope for their "told you so" moment
- NTT DoCoMo to exit India, unload entire stake in Tata Teleservices - sources
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Asian shares, dollar struggle on Ukraine anxiety
- Obama wraps up Japan visit after security pledge but no trade deal
- GM says facing multiple probes into recent recalls
- Starbucks cafe sales heat up slightly in latest quarter
- Alstom shares jump on report of $13 bln GE bid
- Amazon's revenue increases even as spending rises
- Microsoft beats Wall Street on new CEO debut