Profile: Hindustan Zinc Ltd (HZNC.BO)
HZNC.BO on Bombay Stock Exchange
29 Jul 2016
29 Jul 2016
Change (% chg)
Hindustan Zinc Limited (HZL) is an India-based company, which is engaged in the mining and smelting of zinc, lead and silver metal in India. The Company's segments are Mining and smelting of zinc, lead and silver, and Wind energy. The Company's operations include approximately five zinc-lead mines, over four zinc smelters, a lead smelter, a zinc-lead smelter, approximately seven sulfuric acid plants, a silver refinery plant and over six captive power plants in the state of Rajasthan. In addition, the Company also has a rock-phosphate mine in Maton near Udaipur in Rajasthan and zinc, lead, silver processing and refining facilities in the State of Uttarakhand. The Company also has wind power plants in the States of Rajasthan, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra. It has a metal production capacity of over one million tons per annum with its key lead-zinc mines in Rampura Agucha and Sindesar Khurd, and smelting complexes in Chanderiya and Dariba, all in the state of Rajasthan.
Hindustan Zinc Ltd
Company Web Links
- Anglo American rebuffs merger interest from Anil Agarwal - Bloomberg
- Anglo American rebuffs merger interest from India's Agarwal: Bloomberg
- BUZZ-India's Hindustan Zinc falls after poor Q1 results
- BUZZ-India's Hindustan Zinc soars to record high on special div
- BUZZ-Goldman Sachs downgrades India's Vedanta to 'neutral'