Balfour Beatty PLC (BALF.L)
19 Dec 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£1,392.11|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||689.51|
* Consortium reaches financial close on £550 million Aberdeen and North East Scotland road improvement project
LONDON, Dec 10 - British support services company Carillion expects a slowdown in government contracts awarded ahead of next year's national election, it said after lowering its revenue expectations on Wednesday.
(Adds Oriola-KD, Alex and Ani, Altice; Updates Club Mediterranee, Balfour Beatty)
LONDON - British infrastructure group Balfour Beatty has rejected a 1 billion pound ($1.6 billion) offer from John Laing Infrastructure Fund (JLIF) for assets it operates in partnership with government, saying the price was too low.
* Balfour shares close up 5.9 pct (Adds JLIF comment, analyst comment, share price)
* Disappointed that board of Balfour Beatty Plc has chosen not to engage in constructive discussions with JLIF to unlock value of its PPP portfolio
LONDON, Dec 5 - British infrastructure group Balfour Beatty said on Friday it had rejected a 1 billion pound ($1.6 billion) offer from John Laing Infrastructure Fund for its public-private partnership assets.
* Notes announcement by john laing infrastructure fund ltd ("jlif") that it intends to make a non-binding proposal for balfour beatty's ppp portfolio
LONDON - Britain's John Laing Infrastructure Fund had made a 1 billion pound ($1.6 billion) offer for the public-private partnership assets of Balfour Beatty , highlighting the attraction of work on schools and hospitals for private sector firms.
* Separately Kier in talks to buy Mouchel (Adds analyst, source comments, shares)