Balfour Beatty PLC (BALF.L)
20 Jul 2017
* Two contracts have been awarded to Balfour Beatty's 50:50 joint venture with Vinci (adds dropped words)
July 17 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 13 points higher on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.3 percent ahead of the cash market open.
July 17 Balfour Beatty Plc has been awarded two contracts by Britain's High Speed 2 railway project worth about 2.5 billion pounds ($3.27 billion), construction company said on Monday.
* Group continues to make good progress on second phase of its build to last transformation programme Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Been awarded a $625 million contract to reconstruct and improve 'Southern Gateway', an 11 mile stretch of road in Dallas, Texas
* Balfour Beatty awarded new contract by Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks
(Adds details) March 16 Balfour Beatty on Thursday said it returned to annual profit on the back of strong growth in its U.S. construction division and an improved performance from its British business in the second half. The company reported pretax profit from continuing operations before one-off items of 60 million pounds ($74 million) for the year to Dec. 31, marking a rebound from a loss of 123 million a year earlier. Balfour has spent two years overhauling
March 16 Balfour Beatty reported a return to annual profit on Thursday as its British construction benefited in the second half from the diminishing impact of loss-making historic contracts. A pretax profit from continuing operations before one-off items of 60 million pounds ($74 million) for the year to Dec. 31 marked a rebound from a loss of 123 million a year earlier. Its order book from continuing operations at constant exchange rates rose 15 percent to 12.7
* Fy order book £12.7bn, up 15% (up 4% at constant exchange rates (cer))
* Balfour Beatty U.S. selected for $100 mln update and expansion of Cleburne independent school district's comprehensive high school