Cipla Ltd (CIPL.BO)
Cipla Ltd, India's fourth-largest drugmaker by sales, reported a 20 percent rise in quarterly profit, beating analysts' estimates, as higher sales in Europe and South Africa offset weakness in its key domestic market.
* South Africa revenue up 21 pct (Adds details from press release)
Aug 11 Cipla Ltd, India's fourth-largest drugmaker by sales, reported a 20 percent rise in quarterly profit, beating analysts' estimates.
* June quarter consol net profit 4.09 billion rupees versus 3.39 billion rupees last year
* Launches quality-assured rectal artesunate suppositories for severe malaria in young children
- Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy
* Dr.Reddy's Laboratories clarifies on news item, "Dr Reddy's recalls 3.25l cartons Cipla-made acne drug from US".
** Cipla Ltd drops as much as 4.7 pct to 480.2 rupees, its lowest since June 27, 2016
MUMBAI Cipla Ltd , India's fifth-largest drugmaker by sales, plans to reduce investment in biosimilars to sharpen its focus on building a portfolio of high-margin respiratory products, the company's chief executive said on Thursday.
* Posts Q4 loss vs. analysts' forecast for profit (Recasts with CEO's comments)