Office Depot Inc (ODP.N)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$2,791.37|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||534.75|
* Office Depot to close 400 U.S. stores; shares up 16 pct
* Office Depot to close 400 U.S. stores; shares up 17 pct
* Shares rise as much as 20 pct (Adds analyst comment, details from conference call; updates shares)
NEW YORK, May 6 - Wall Street edged lower on Tuesday, led by losses in financial stocks, while the technology sector was weighed by a selloff in shares of Twitter.
NEW YORK - Wall Street was set for a slightly lower open on Tuesday as investors hesitated to push the market higher, with major indexes near record levels.
* U.S. trade deficit narrows in March, exports bounce back
NEW YORK, May 6 - U.S. stock index futures were little changed on Tuesday as investors hesitated to push the market higher, with major indexes near record levels.
May 6 - Office Depot Inc said it would close at least 400 stores in the United States as shoppers shift their office supply purchases to e-retailers, mass market chains and drugstores.
* Fourth-qtr adjusted loss $0.03/share vs est earnings $0.03/share
Feb 25 - Office supply retailer Office Depot Inc reported a net loss for the fourth quarter due to charges associated with its acquisition of rival OfficeMax Inc.