UTV Media PLC (UTV.L)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£192.65|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||95.85|
* First-half pretax profit 10 mln stg vs 6.1 mln stg year earlier
* H1 pre-tax profit growth of 62 pct to £10.0m (2013: 6.1m)
Aug 26 - Northern Irish radio and television broadcaster UTV Media Plc reported a 13 percent rise in first-half revenue as its radio stations drew in fans for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
* Talksport has extended its international partnership with Premier League for an additional three years until 2019 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Scott Taunton, managing director, UTV Radio (GB), has been promoted to COO with additional responsibility for generating television revenue across sales offices in Dublin, Belfast and London
* Advertisers drawn by soccer World Cup coverage (Adds Finance Director comments, details, share movement)
* Talksport's revenue was up by 16% in quarter which reflects growth of 3% in national market along with positive impact of build up to 2014 fifa world cup
May 15 - Northern Irish radio and television broadcaster UTV Media Plc reported a 7 percent rise in first-quarter revenue as its radio channels benefited from the build up to the 2014 soccer World Cup.
* Utv media plc reg-utv media plc: utv awarded south african broadcasting licence