UTV Media PLC (UTV.L)
29 Jul 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£212.78|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||95.85|
* Advertisers drawn by soccer World Cup coverage (Adds Finance Director comments, details, share movement)
* Talksport's revenue was up by 16% in quarter which reflects growth of 3% in national market along with positive impact of build up to 2014 fifa world cup
May 15 - Northern Irish radio and television broadcaster UTV Media Plc reported a 7 percent rise in first-quarter revenue as its radio channels benefited from the build up to the 2014 soccer World Cup.
* Utv media plc reg-utv media plc: utv awarded south african broadcasting licence
- Northern Irish broadcaster UTV Media Plc estimated a strong growth in revenue in the first quarter and a further jump in sales in its radio business in the run up to the FIFA World Cup.
* Estimates strong first-quarter growth in radio, TV businesses
March 18 - Northern Irish broadcaster UTV Media Plc reported a 16 percent fall in full-year pretax profit, hurt mainly by weak advertising revenue in the first half, but said it had seen continued growth in the first three months of this year.
Feb 27 - UTV Media PLC : * UTV Ireland signs content contract with bai * UTV Ireland Ltd has today signed a ten year television content provision contract with the Broadcasting Authority Of Ireland (BAI) * UTV Ireland plans to commence broadcasting in the Republic Of Ireland in January 2015 * Managing director: UTV Ireland will create more than 100 new jobs with its offices based in Dublin * Source text for Eikon: * For more news, please click here
LONDON, Feb 20 - UTV Media PLC : * UTV ltd's regional channel 3 broadcasting licence has been renewed by ofcom
Feb 6 - UTV Media PLC : * UTV Ireland plans to commence broadcasting in the republic of Ireland in January 2015 * Broadcasting authority of Ireland to enter into content contract with UTV Ireland * New channel to be based in Dublin with newsgathering and reporting presence in Cork, Galway, Waterford, Limerick * Source text for Eikon: * For more news, please click here